Monday, September 27, 2010

Together

Omigoshanotherpoem???

Yes, indeed, my good fellows, it's ANOTHER POEM. This one's kind of me ranting about, er, America.

Broken

Together we can
A phrase which means more than group
It means activity involving movement and strength.
This phrase can and will be used in positive ways
To prove to others that there is such thing as humanity.
But I take it upon myself to be the devil's advocate
Representing the negative for what it truly is.
The melting ice in the snow globe of life.
The unknown cries from around the corner.
911 in the shadows.
Take a deep breath and open chaste eyes
See the red paint the walls
And her cries for mercy descending to whispers.
White jackets frame grins of knowing
Bound and gagged with knives at their backs
And our heroes swallowing escape with a cup of water.
And we swear upon the flag we're fighting for
Because it's the only thing we have left
After our only hopes have been murdered.
And we shall never, ever stop
Because together we can.

© Susan Peevy

This is one of my favorites, possibly because of how downright angry it is. Oh yeah, and every time I read it I think, "Chaste. Good word."

No comments:

Post a Comment