Friday, September 24, 2010

Mother (Free Post)

This poem is about whatever you want it to be about, whether it's your mom or Mother Earth... :)

Gently wrap your arms around me
And tell me it’s going to be ok.
The time has come to make a decision
Is it me?
Or is it my love?
From the day my mother birthed me,
I’ve watched with eyes of sadness
The disease taking hold of her
Swelling up on her skin like black molasses.
I’ve been so desperate
The weight on my shoulders
And creeping up my legs.
So helpless, so worried
I’ve been watching…
And I still see it.
See the love in her eyes though so many have abused her
See the trustful hope in her smile
See the powerful strength she so calmly protects.
And it becomes clear to me.
The one day her body will be clean
One day her soul will soar peacefully in the sky
One day her dreams will not be cut down and burned
And one day, my mother will be proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment