Monday, September 27, 2010

Poetry

I've decided to do a poetry day where I just make a ton of posts of my poetry. Don't worry, it's not actually going to be that much, hahaha... Spam all your Readers with my thoughts on politics. No, there's not that many...

Here's the first one:

Factual Fib

I am not proud of what I've become
Each day going by with the lies that I've spun
I feel all I'm doing is aiming with a gun
At the life I could have had, at the life I could have won.

There’s a stain in my pants from where I dropped my spoon
It’s like the stain in my life that will bring me to my doom
But with these lies taking up space there can never be room
And it’s like I’m sweeping away happiness with an old and dusty broom.

Why do I always dig myself so deep?
Tripping down these stairs that were always way too steep
And it’s as if being myself is just too difficult a feat
And when I’m on the edge it’s as if all I can do is leap

And though I love you I can’t help feel that you’re a puppet on my strings
And it disturbs me even now that I could ever feel those things
But when I hear your happy voice it is a memory that rings
Although after what I’ve done it also hurts and also stings

You’ve got no idea what it’s like to try to rhyme when you want to cry
And I could just say I’m fine but that would be another lie
So to you I say I’m sorry with these eyes that remain dry
And I try to walk away before this moment makes me die
And I’ll climb out of my window and perhaps I’ll learn to fly
Way up with the birds where my tears fall from the sky
And fall upon your doorstep as you sadly as me why
And maybe then I’d tell you, but ‘til then I can’t deny

That lying is all I ever do, and all I can do is lie.

© Susan Peevy


It's a poem about lying. It's actually a poem I wrote a while ago when I had this nasty habit of lying to my mom all the time... This was sort of an apology.

No comments:

Post a Comment