Thursday, October 7, 2010

Scary Story

A man was sleeping in his bed when his daughter came up next to him.

"Daddy?"

He propped himself up on his elbow. His sight was blurring, but he could still make out the numbers on his alarms clock glowing red- 3:23 AM. He looked at his daughter and blinked repeatedly. "What  is it?"

"I had a nightmare."

His vision cleared every so slightly. She was extremely pale. "Why don't you crawl in next to me and tell me all about it?"

"No, daddy!"

"Why not?" He frowned. There was something odd about her face.

"Because in my dream, when I told you about my dream, the thing wearing mommy's skin sat up."

He froze, paralyzed. Her face was a mask of pure horror. He held his breath as the blankets behind him shifted.

3 comments:

  1. wait... whaat? i'm confused.

    btw, i just wanted to say, i LOVE your blog. you're an amazing writer :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ok. Everyone's confused at first. XD So the daughter says "the thing wearing mommy's skin" and then "mommy" begins to sit up in bed. It's supposed to be the kind of scary story where your imagination takes you places you don't want to go. XD

    And thank you. :) You should check out Constance's blog. She's pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhkay? it's not working with me. xD

    i will then. :]

    ReplyDelete