Monday, October 4, 2010

Day 2- Your Crush

Shane. I miss you. I don't even know if you remember my name, but I miss you. We met in kindergarten. Remember that? The kindergarten class was playing duck-duck-goose, but (if I remember correctly) you were playing a pretend game (dinosaurs, heehee) all by yourself. I got up to play with you because you looked lonely. You were my first friend.

Then first grade came. I don't remember much of first grade. That was the year I met Jayla, Kalli, and Cassidy. I played more with the girls that year. I remembered seeing you at lunchtime though. And I remember that day when I kissed you on the cheek and you kept squirming.

Second grade was better. I started playing more with you and your geeky friends. You guys were either dinosaurs or wizards- I think, at one point, both. But I didn't want to be a dinosaur, so I decided that I was going to be a pixie. I hadn't even known you'd heard me, but later that day, during lunch, you came running up screaming, "MY PIXIE, MY PIXIE!!!" D'you know how special that made me feel?

And then third grade came. Oh, what a nightmare. That was the year I moved away. Of course, I was an idiot and forgot to get your phone number before I left. My mom says that as we were pulling out of the parking lot you looked at our car with a sad face. I feel bad about it, but I'm actually happy that you were sad- sad that I was leaving. It means I wasn't just a friend. I must have meant something to you.

I remember that horrible feeling I got when I called Jayla and she said you'd moved away, too. It was then I knew I'd completely lost you. But I kept searching for your name in the phone book, your face in the crowd.

Perhaps now that your sister has added me as a friend on Facebook we can become good friends again. And I can ask you if you were as deeply wounded as I was when we parted ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment