Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day 5- Your Dreams

...really...?

Uh... I guess my dreams are for Nolias to be real so that I could go there... But if the answer needs to be more realistic...

My dreams about five years ago were a lot different. I wanted to live in a house with LOTS of stairs to run up and down on, I wanted my own kitty, I wanted to be able to fix all my parent's health problems, I wanted to have a special refrigerator that's always stocked with whatever I want most... I wanted to have the ability to "one-up" all the cruel popular people that harassed me every day... I wanted to be filthy rich so that I could buy every single toy, movie, CD, or piece of furniture that I saw. I wanted to have a pool. I wanted to live on the edge of a beautiful forest so that I could have conversations with the magical trees that lived there.

Years before that my dreams were only slightly different. I still wanted money and to live on the edge of the forest, but I also wanted so very, very much to grow up to be a doctor so that I myself could cure my parent's illnesses. I wanted more attention from my older siblings. I wanted to go to my grandmother's house all the time to swim in her huge swimming pool.

Now, though, my dreams aren't like that. I want a hot tub, not a pool. I want a girlfriend or boyfriend. I want to get perfect grades in school so that I can become and engineer, lawyer, or famous poet/author and I can make enough money to buy a farm in Montana or Ireland and get good medical care for my parents. I want my guitar to be fixed and my piano tuned. I want to be able to order clothes from catalogs. I want to be able to buy a better laptop. I want to own a dog, and maybe my own goat. I'd name the dog Goat Goat and the goat would be named Bunny Bun.

My dreams have simplified over the years, I suppose. Maybe I'm being depressive and realistic. Maybe I've taken into consideration that if you shoot for simpler things, you won't be as disappointed if it doesn't work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment