Sunday, December 12, 2010

Dog In the Nighttime

I'm late, I'm late!
---

In this section of the book we find out that Christopher's father was the one who killed Wellington. I find this unimaginably sickening. I've always been an 'animal person'. For example, if someone dies in a movie I might be a little sad but most of the time I just think, "Oh, damn, I liked that character," or "Oh good, I hated him." However, if an animal dies, I think, "WTF. THAT POOR ANIMAL." And sometimes I even cry. So when I read that he'd been the one who killed the dog, I was just a little ticked off. As in, I started saying things (out loud) like, "Asshole!" and "I can't believe that douche bag!"

I was glad that my group-mates agreed with me. It... made me feel better inside that other people are also against animal abuse/murder, because it often scares me when people say things like, "I'd laugh if I saw a dead cat" and things like that. It's wrong. It's fucked up. That cat has just as much right to live as we do. And anyways, we're the ones who brought these wild animals into our lives and domesticated them- pets like cats and dogs can't live without us. They depend on us just as much as any baby, and you don't see half the population beating and starving their newly born children. You don't see them sticking their babies (who haven't even started walking yet) into a large pen and watching as they fight to the death.

Animal rights activist? I think so. Which is why I approve of Christopher running away. Anyone who would stab a dog with a garden fork could stab a person with a garden fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment