Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Voting? Hell nah

Found a quote from on of Elizabeth's blog posts...

Even though I'm not 18 yet, I think I would still be able to make an informed vote for Governor.
No, definitely not. As teenagers, we're still too young to make huge decisions like that. We're constantly being influenced by our parents and family, something we won't grow out of until we're older and moved out. Until then, we shouldn't be allowed to vote. If all the millions of teenagers in America started voting, we have no idea what kind chass and havoc might come from our immaturity (and yes, no matter what you might say, we are all immature.)


However, I do agree that we have a right to get our opinion out there. We should be allowed to write essays or comments or something and get them out to all the grown-ups so that they can listen to what we have to say- and who knows. Maybe we can change their minds. Instead of voting and permanently putting our opinion into (possibly) the wrong thing, we should write speeches, have debates, post stuff online, hold rallies in front of city halls, and just generally make sure than the adult population understands that we, their youngest, know what we want to happen. This is where microphones, podiums, and big cardboard signs come into play.


I mean, I wouldn't even want myself to vote. I'm still going through the changes of being a teenager- crazy hormones, crazy thoughts, crazy personality. Crazy. Crazy. Crazy. The craziness that is currently my life would only seep into whatever choice I make with voting, and I don't want that to happen.


So no, I don't think teens should vote.

1 comment: