Wednesday, May 11, 2011

"Sweet Split"

A poem I just wrote that I'm rather fond of. Might be because it's the first one in a while that wasn't directly influenced by myself or someone I know. I think it's amazing how much my poetic style has changed in the last two years. :D So anyways. This one's about drugs, even though it totally didn't start out that way when I was forming it in my head. 


------------------------------------


The sun beats down on California kissed skin
As she trades more Benjamins for another trip
Another vacation
Another escape from the world.

Sexy and sweet this girl of the street
Dancing to an endless tune so fine
So mellow
So snap your fingers and fall to the floor.

She says that walls are too confining
That she'd rather die than go home
Go anywhere
Go to any place where she can't spread her wings.

Needles in the crook and pinching heaven
Is she calling your name or mine?
Or is she praying?
Or is she crying out that God is a liar?

No comments:

Post a Comment